Sunday, September 30, 2007


Overall the weekend turned out well. Friday I got my new cell phone activated. There was a Racing Model audition, so my friend Namu and I watched that for a little bit, then got something to eat. There was this awesome dessert drink that came in a little bowl, it was some kind of sweet rice thing. Then we went to a place that called itself a 'Family Beer Restaurant'. We drank and at some 'cajun' style chicken, that was really just fried chicken with a kind of mustard sauce on it.

Saturday I waited for the cable guy, who never showed up. Then I was going to go to this thing at the YMCA that offers Korean lessons to foreigners, but it turned out that would cost money. So my friend Namu said I should just come up with questions and he can spend some time with me weekly to specifically practice Korean. Around 2 I finally got on a bus to Suwon station so I could head up to Seoul on the subway for the Ssamzie Sound Festival. I met up with a friend from the Madison group, but he had to leave pretty quickly, then I met with one of my roommates from the workshop. It was really cool, lots of good bands, and especially some good heavy metal I wasn't expecting. But my cell phone died, and I got split off from my group so I headed back to Suwon a little early.

Today I went to a music shop I'd been meaning to check out for a bass guitar. They had three, they all felt pretty crappy and they didn't have any bass amplifiers for me to try them out on. I'll have to search more in downtown Suwon, or maybe even up in Seoul. Hopefully I'll get in touch with Jay, one of Rob's friends I met here on the first day, and he can help me out. He's a music major and plays the upright bass. I looked around the 'HiMart' for some computer stuff, but everything was overpriced. But I found some cheap yogurt drinks at the Lottemart, so that was pretty exciting.

Time to prepare my lecture for the week, I have no idea what I'm doing... But I know I want them all to pick out English names, then I'll do something to take pictures so I can try and remember them all.

No comments: