Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Woot

I haven't written for a while, mainly because at school my internet connection was blocking this site. But I'll try and give a quick update on the past... 4 months?

January - Philippines - dirty, lovely, romantic, confusing...
February - Japan - Expensive
March - New classes - 1st grade fun and loud, 2nd grade fun, 3rd grade uninterested.
April - Extra class - Amazing. Only 22 students, most of them interested, no real troublemakers.

That pretty much sums up the big events for each month.
Some underlying events:

Meeting with my Korean friend Namu's English club, making new friends and getting perspectives on Korean politics and sociology from natives.
Weekend jam sessions that have gone really well and fairly regularly.
A few dates...
Talking with Koreans in Korean a little more regularly.
Started Muay Thai last month, still pretty exhausting but I can tell I'm getting a little better.

Last weekend I had a lot of fun with the English club. We went on a retreat (they use the Konglish MT - Member Training) to Gapyeong, at a lot of food and played a lot of drinking games. Korean drinking games are pretty unique. Most of them require timing and reflexes, and a certain level of pain tolerance. Things get pretty crazy, I don't really know any American equivalents.

We had the day off yesterday, so I got to spend some time with my Korean friends, which is rare during the week because of their schedules. Korean work hours are typically 8am-8 or 9pm. But we went out for some naengmyeong(I had bulgogi instead), saw a movie "The Other Boleyn Girl", and went a fancy Italian restaurant for some wine afterwards. As for the day itself I got a lot done, some cleaning, some practice(Korean, bass, drawing, etc), and some extra sleep.

No comments: