Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sunday morning


It definitely turned out to be a good weekend. Friday I had tonkatsu(a popular Japanese dish, fried pork) and had a nice walk looking for a coffee shop with my friend Mikyung. It started raining so we ended up just going to the coffee shop in front of Homeplus(a Korean walmart-type place)

Saturday morning I got up a little early(9am) to go to Lottemart and pick up some stuff. I was able to find most of what I needed, but I ended up with this toothpaste that taste like hospitals. Then I got my hair cut and my shoes shined and headed up to Gangnam(Seoul). The free Korean lesson was... challenging, as usual. Then I met up with the English club for dinner, we had some different kinds of maki (Japanese california rolls).

I was a little disappointed nobody was up for drinks, but I headed back to Suwon to have some drinks with Namu. As soon as I got there, we got back on the subway and headed back up to Seoul... long story... but we met up with some of his co-workers for drinks and a noraebang(karaoke room). We stayed out until morning, when Namu and his crew had to start their 4 hour ride down to Busan to do some filming. I got to meet a popular Korean TV star, and she gave me some bottled water that has her picture on it. Then they dropped me off in Suwon and I took about an hour on buses to figure out how to get back to my apartment. It was about 7am by the time I got to sleep, so I had a nice sleep until about 2. Today will be pretty lazy, my students have exams this week so I don't have to prepare a lecture (assa!)

1 comment:

B said...

does the sun always look like it's suffocating where you are?