Sunday, April 20, 2008

tak-gu = ping-pong

Pretty eventful weekend, no good pictures though.

Friday I went to a swanky 'naitu'(Korean night club). It was pretty fun, and the music was ok. Saturday I played takgu with my coworker and some of the students, which was pretty embarrassing but still fun. Then I went up to Seoul for a Korean lesson and met up with the English club briefly. Sunday I went back up to Gangnam for lunch at a nice sushi restaurant then to a movie. We saw Taken, which was pretty good, exciting even though it was an old guy doing all kinds of James Bond stuff. Then I came back into Suwon and had dinner at a nice traditional Korean restaurant I'd been meaning to go to. It's on my way to work, so every morning I stare across the street at it, but I never had a chance to go in.

Today I'll go to Muay Thai practice, and then supposedly there's a nice jimjilbang(public bath) nearby that I should go to. I may just end up napping... Classes have been pretty rough. Between not understanding and general noisiness. It's the week before midterms though, so I shouldn't expect much.

No comments: